5.6.5 - General Settings
These general settings are provided for the "Mapping option" and "Invalid Characters Handling".
You can navigate to “General Settings” screen by clicking on “Settings” icon of a Migration Task and then on “General Settings” tab on the “Migration Task Settings” screen.
126.96.36.199 - Mapping Options
Mapping option allows users to specify whether to “Create” or “Merge” source contents into selected target container during migration task creation.
“Create” mapping option will create folder “A” under “B” library.
“Merge” mapping option will only load items of folder excluding folder “A” under “B” library.
188.8.131.52 - Package Processing Settings
The package processing settings allows users to migrate content and metadata to Office365 site by using package processing mechanism. The packaging mechanism works as explained below:
- First Migration Accelerator will package contents and metadata in temp XML files.
- Then it will perform bulk upload of package and contents to Windows Azure cloud data storage.
- Then it creates and schedules Azure data migration job.
- And finally Azure data migration job will load packaged content and metadata into selected Office365 target site or library.
This configuration section has below configuration options:
- Enable Package Processing – Enables package processing.
- Cleanup Package Files – To clean up temporary package files created on migration server.
- Package Size – Number of items to be included in a single package for bulk upload. This should be an optimal figure to be recommended by Proventeq team.
Once user creates azure storage account, then user has to copy azure storage connection string and update the same in Migration Accelerator application configuration as given below:
<add key="AzureStorageConnectionString" value="DefaultEndpointsProtocol=http;AccountName=pvqmigration001;AccountKey=dJwh/GwCHcPkSil2pS8l0/rJxRqBkStbN+9OkpiJ8F5IedH3KGrBOlDujQyleL5vwRdDLm7YgjwCbplUU+ep1A==;" />
184.108.40.206 - Link Resolution in Different File Types
Link resolution is an important feature used to re-establish hyperlinks in well-known source file contents with new location of linked files in target container while performing migration activity.
This feature is not mandatory for migrating content from source to target, but if required, the user can select “Link Resolution” option on “General Settings” tab and then select the file types that require link resolution, while creating a migration task.
The link resolution settings allow the user to select the well-known file types (with implied their extensions), that will be modified during migration. The available settings are:
- Word – .rtf, .doc and .docx
- Excel - .xls and .xlsx
- PowerPoint - .ppt and .pptx
- PDF - .pdf
- HTML - .html, .htm and .mht
This link resolution feature works as follows:
- Link resolution in document occurs only if the setting is enabled for that Migration Task.
- If the link resolution setting is enabled, the migration processing occurs in 2 steps, where it computes information for all the items necessary to determine the new link in the first step, and then loads the updated file in the second
220.127.116.11 - Shortcut Link Resolution
The shortcut links resolution is an important feature used to re-establish shortcut links of documents with new location of files in target system while performing migration activity.
This feature is not mandatory for migrating content from source to target, but if required, the user can select “Resolve Shortcut Links” option from “General Settings” tab.
The shortcut link resolution feature works as follows:
- Shortcut Links resolution occurs only if the setting is enabled for respective migration
- If the Shortcut Links resolution setting is enabled, the migration processing occurs in 2 steps, where it computes information for all the items necessary to determine the new link in the first step, and then loads the updated files or links in the second
18.104.22.168 - Invalid Characters Handling
SharePoint allows only a certain set of characters in its folder name and filename. Note that they are not the same as the rules for use in a Windows File System. The suggested approach is to search for and substitute illegal characters using some rules.
User can proceed with the default settings from this window.