5.5.5 - General Settings
These general settings are provided for the "Mapping option" and "Invalid Characters Handling".
You can navigate to the “General Settings” screen by clicking on the “Settings” icon of a Migration Task and then on the “General Settings” tab on the “Migration Task Settings” screen.
184.108.40.206 - Mapping Options
Mapping options allow you to specify whether to “Create” or “Merge” source contents into the selected target container during migration task creation.
“Create” mapping option will create folder “A” under “B” library.
“Merge” mapping option will only load items of folder excluding folder “A” under “B” library.
220.127.116.11 - Package Processing Settings
The package processing settings allows users to migrate content and metadata to the Office365 site by using a package processing mechanism, which works as follows:
- First Migration Accelerator will package contents and metadata in temp XML files.
- Then it will perform bulk upload of package and contents to Windows Azure cloud data storage.
- Then it creates and schedules an Azure data migration job.
- Finally, the Azure data migration job will load packaged content and metadata into the selected Office365 target site or library.
This configuration section has the following configuration options:
- Enable Package Processing – Enables package processing.
- Cleanup Package Files – To clean up temporary package files created on migration server.
- Package Size – The number of items to be included in a single package for bulk upload. This should be an optimal figure to be recommended by the Proventeq team.
18.104.22.168 - Link Resolution in Different File Types
Link resolution is an important feature used to re-establish hyperlinks in well-known source file contents with the new location of linked files in the target container while performing migration activity.
This feature is not mandatory for migrating content from source to target, but if required, you can select the“Link Resolution” option on the “General Settings” tab and then select the file types that require link resolution, while creating a migration task.
The link resolution settings allow the user to select the well-known file types (with their implied extensions), that will be modified during migration. The available settings are:
- Word – .rtf, .doc and .docx
- Excel - .xls and .xlsx
- PowerPoint - .ppt and .pptx
- PDF - .pdf
- HTML - .html, .htm and .mht
The link resolution feature works as follows:
- Firstly, you need to check and update the regular expression patterns in the application configuration file based on the link patterns in the source system. E.g. DOCID
In a standard system, the regular expression key should be set as follows:
<add key="Transformation.Regex_GroupIdBasedLink" value="<Regex_to_handle_internal_link>" />
Please note that the application configuration file is included in Proventeq Migration Accelerator installation directory (typically "C:\Program Files\Proventeq\Proventeq Migration Accelerator\Proventeq.MigrationAccelerator.exe.config")
- Then you need to perform Process up to stage Transformation, where it computes information for all the items necessary to determine the target links for respective migration items.
- Then you need to verify transformed metadata and links against metadata configuration and target location configuration.
- Finally, you need to Process up to stage Load to migrate the files to target system after resolving links within files.
22.214.171.124 - Shortcut Link Resolution
The shortcut links resolution is an important feature used to re-establish shortcut links of documents with the new location of files in the target system while performing migration activity.
This feature is not mandatory for migrating content from source to target, but if required, you can select the “Resolve Shortcut Links” option from the “General Settings” tab.
The shortcut link resolution feature works as follows:
- Shortcut Links resolution occurs only if the setting is enabled for respective migration
- If the Shortcut Links resolution setting is enabled, the migration processing occurs in 2 steps, where it computes information for all the items necessary to determine the new link in the first step, and then loads the updated files or links in the second.
126.96.36.199 - Invalid Characters Handling
SharePoint allows only a certain set of characters in its folder name and filename. Note that they are not the same as the rules for use in a Windows File System. The suggested approach is to search for and substitute illegal characters using some rules.
You can proceed with the default settings from this window.