HowTo: Map Links
In order to Map a link content type, the user needs to create a Custom Content Type.
Please follow below steps to create a Custom Content Type for “Link” Items.
- Click on the “Settings” button in the “Migration Tasks” pane at the bottom of the Proventeq Migration Accelerator Home screen for the selected Migration Task.
- Select the “Content Type Mapping Settings” tab in the “Migration Task Settings” window if it is not already open.
- Click on the “Add a new Source Classification” button button in the upper-right corner of the ‘Unmapped Source Content Types’ panel, as shown in the image below.
- Create a Custom Content Type for with the following configuration:
Content Type Name: e.g. Custom Link
Base Content Type: e.g. Document
Script Language: PowerShell
Select variable: Optional
Script of Custom Content Type:
return MigrationItem.SI.EntityType –eq “Link”
- Verify that your entered data is analogous to the image below, then click the ‘Ok’ button to save your new content type
To associate the new Link Content Type to a Site Content Type on the target SharePoint Library:
- Open the target SharePoint site in a web browser
- Navigate to the target Library
- Click on the settings button in the top left of the page and select “Library settings” from the dropdown.
- Click on the “Add from existing site content types” link under the “Content Types” header.
- Select “Link to a Document Content Type” from the “Available Site Content Types” list.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- Click on the “Ok” button.
After performing these steps the source and target content types must be mapped.
- Select the source Content Type from the “Unmapped Source Content Types” pane and “Link to a document” target Content Type from the “Available Target Content Type” pane.
- Click on the “Map” button.
- Map any relevant metadata fields in the now visible “Content Type Mapping Settings” window.
- To ensure that the mapping was correctly configured you can attempt to process and verify a few items with the “Link” Content Type. These items should appear as links in SharePoint.